Monday, 2 July 2012

Accumulation

It's a time of looking back. I've recently completed a 30 minute film, a compilation of footage shot over the years at various manifestations of 'Queer Beograd Border Fuckers Cabaret'. Eventually we hope to host the film as a free dowlnoad on our Queer Beograd website. It feels like a milestone to be able to look at the body of work as a whole and see it with the benefit of hindsight.

Having said that it is next to impossible to access in the present performances that were often conceived of, researched, written and staged mostly when we were being chased about by fascists.... Those sorts of circumstances can be very distracting! They are also the times that look a LOT more fun from a distance, nostalgia is a wonderful thing and so much less likely to give you a heart attack.

My next trick is to produce a bilingual publication of the 20 or so scripts written for the Queer Beograd Cabarets. Many hours of proof reading lie ahead. I hope my lovely designer is still speaking to me by the end of this process of assembly.

I miss the stage, I miss the electricity of doing live gigs!! But for the moment I only have so much energy, the boring reality of only being able to undertake so many projects at a time.

So, looking back, consolidating, collating, preparing, so as to be able to share the good work of the past years. THEN it will be time to dance into some new adventure!!

In the meantime here is a blast from the past, 'TV Whore' a show I did in Sydney 2001 accompanied by the wonderful Sex Intents and Glita Supernova of the legendary 'Gurlesque' lesbian stripshow.




No comments:

Post a Comment